Explore new or additional AppYet Pricing Model

Discussion in 'Feature Request & Suggestion' started by appyet, Aug 6, 2015.

?

Which pricing model do you prefer?

1. 1. Current Pricing Model with 30% ad allocated to AppYet

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. 2. New Pricing Model with 0.005$ per active install per month

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. appyet

appyet Support Team Member
    Staff Member

AppYet is exploring additional Pricing options to allow app creators to have 100% ad allocation.

We could only consider new or additional Pricing Model which meet following requirements:
    1. AppYet platform need to be FREE for new app creators or app creators with apps have little end-user active installs
    2. Pricing need to base on the size of App's active installs.

Note: Active Install means total number of installed apps on end user's device. Eg: On January, 3 end-user installed your app, 1 uninstalled later, you have 2 active installs. On Febuary, 2 end-user installed your app, now you have 4 active installs

One example of this kind of pricing model: AppYet could charge 0.005$ per active install per application per month for apps with over 100 active installed. Any apps with less than 100 active installs will be Free

eg #1: When a app have 1000 active install. App creator will pay 1000 * 0.005$ = 5$ / month
    eg #2: When a app have 5000 active install. App creator will pay 5000 * 0.005$ = 25$ / month

Maths:
    1. please calculate your average monthly Ad revenue, then do following math (Average monthly Ad Revenue) / 100 * 30 = cost of current pricing model
    2. Find out your average active installs * 0.005$ = cost of new pricing model

For all app creators, please do some math, and let us know if this pricing model will work for you.

2. slamndar

slamndar New Member

For me i prefer 30% ad allocated to AppYet . waiting for others publisher opinion ....

3. EEnterprises

EEnterprises New Member

I have little number (but > 100) of users and almost no revenue from the app, so I'll prefer the 30% model. However, it'll be good to have this model as an option if the app ever grows. Currently, I can't use it, however.

4. SpiDeRBoY

SpiDeRBoY Member

i didn't get it !

Appyet will pay app creators and use 100%of ads for appyet ?

Or

App creators must pay appyet per month and use 100% of ads for himself ?!

sorry for my bad English!

And another question is , now for example 1000 people of my users are on 3.1.17 version of appyet . after using this system in next version, only 600 people of my users update apps to 3.2 version for example and 400 people stay on 3.1.17 . Now the question is how many people will count for me on this model ? 600 ? Or 1000?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  5. joseph raphael

joseph raphael Well-Known Member

Are you considering to give developers 100% of the total ads allocation ?

6. beautiheart

beautiheart Member

Hi,
    I think that the plan with 30% ad allocated to AppYet is fine but i suggest that the second pricing plan will be optional.
    Some apps even with high number of active installs dont generate enough ad revenue because of the number of active users and the nature of the content

7. SpiDeRBoY

SpiDeRBoY Member

Anyone explain it to me please! ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

8. beautiheart

beautiheart Member

Appyet will give developers 100% of the total ads allocation .
    1000( more or less because that depends on the number of active apps installs each month)

9. Gnetwork

Gnetwork Member

A better price model would be to pay a few for the current version which inlcudes three Months Updates and do what we wanna do with it. Full control about advertising no monthly payrate. If someone would like to have a framework update he needs to buy it again. To pay for each installation would give no control about costs and also 1000 installs or 5000 won't unlikely 25$ back.So this would be a instant minus for all user, also a blocker and to risky to deal with it for the customer.

From my personal side,
    I prefer to buy a licence for something and have my free to do what i want.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  10. beautiheart

beautiheart Member

I suggest to add another pricing model that include some features and users have to pay for those features monthly or each year

11. beautiheart

beautiheart Member

Would You add the new pricin model in the next release?

12. Gnetwork

Gnetwork Member

Hopefuly not, i would be out with that and create my own via the SDK.

13. Zac F.

Zac F. Member

I have 32 total apps and 3 of them are with AppYet. I paid other developers to develop the other 29 apps for me because of the 70% / 30% pricing model that AppYet uses. Due to the high level of revenue, it causes me to have to pay AppYet upwards of $300/month during some months.

I would absolutely support a per-install model and would move my other 29 apps to AppYet if that were to happen.

Please do this!

14. Zac F.

Zac F. Member

Would someone be able to reveal if this pricing model is coming to fruition soon? I've heard of a major update on the horizon and was hoping this would be part of it.

I had previously hired a team of developers to create my own apps, but if AppYet goes forward with this new pricing option I will end my contract with those developers and bring all of my business (32+ apps) to AppYet.

Thanks for the good work you all are doing. You are winning my business back!