Admob and AppYet - Issues

Discussion in 'Monetize' started by djprmf, Apr 18, 2019.

1. djprmf

djprmf New Member

Hi,

Since the last versions, i have been noticing that ads doesn't appear to be working in any app.
    This is not a isolated issue, as there are many reports from other users around this forum.

The issue also doesn't appears to be related with a specific app or location. Despite the GDRP, the ads doesn't appear in any country - and the admob settings in AppYet dashboard are fine.
    Also, the Admob test ads units doesn't work.

Checking the Android Log for the apllications, this is a issue with the implementation of Admob in the apps, and no one beside @appyet can fix it.
    I think it should be checked. I mean, AppYet is mostly dead at this point, but there is a HUGE lost in revenue for @appyet because of this ongoing issue.

I think is time someone start looking at this service. The negligent of AppYet in fix the issues are a huge blown to the service. AndroidAuthoraty, one of the most used apps from this service, already left the plataform because of this.

God, not even the website is in HTTPS, a MUST HAVE in the current internet.

I'm sad to see how AppYet was and what he become. No support, not even a reply from the author/admin. No way for the creators gain control of the apps, nothing.

If you are new in the AppYet plataform, just look for other service or build your own android app - there are templates for Android Studio that help a lot, even novice users.
    For the rest of us, that have been using App Yet, we are caged. But i still have faith that @appyet itself will take care of the issues or dictate the end of the service at last.

Sorry about this rant, but it comes the time to put this in place...

2. appyet

appyet Support Team Member
    Staff Member

what is your package name? Or link to your app on app store

3. djprmf

djprmf New Member

com.appbuilder.u10837p15559
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appbuilder.u10837p15559

Don't see my previous message as "bad". Im just here to help improving AppYet as a service, and i do it gladly for anything you need :)

Solving this issue will give you more revenue as well, that will be usefull to imrpove the service for all. so is a important thing to look for.

Also, any information, debug info or something else needed just let me know and i can provide. :)

4. appyet

Staff Member

Has it published to app stored?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using AppYet Demo

5. djprmf

djprmf New Member

6. appyet

Staff Member

when it was first published?

7. djprmf

djprmf New Member

More that 3 years ago...
    Also, the admob account was aproved way before, and is working just fine with other apps that i made (not in AppYet).

8. appyet

Staff Member

Thanks, we are looking into it, will get back to you

djprmf likes this.
  9. appyet

Staff Member

"Checking the Android Log for the apllications, this is a issue with the implementation of Admob in the apps, and no one beside @appyet can fix it.
    I think it should be checked. I mean, AppYet is mostly dead at this point, but there is a HUGE lost in revenue for @appyet because of this ongoing issue."

Please give more details about issue you see in Android log

10. djprmf

djprmf New Member

For what i can see, the problem appears to be in the Admob integration in the apps build by your system.
    No matter what, is used the Flurry agent, despite being stated the Admob in the Settings. Or at least is what appears to be happening, acording to the logs...

This is the error that i get when using the "Admob" setting in your website, with all the setting correctly applied:

2019-04-18 21:33:35.897 com.appbuilder.u10837p15559 E/FlurryAgent: Ad server responded with the following error(s):
    2019-04-18 21:33:35.897 com.appbuilder.u10837p15559 E/FlurryAgent: Missing reported Ids

Also, this appears in the logcat (related with the FlurryAgent):
    2019-04-16 01:55:53.060 ? W/Ads: Required XML attribute "adUnitId" was missing.

Also, is a little strange that, for configure the Flurry ads in your website, is only needed the "Flurry Banner Name". Normaly is required a API Key to access the ads, and the Ad ID itself.
    I tried to use Flurry settings and using both the names and Ads IDs, but they are not working - probably because of the broken implementation. But despite that, Admob doesn't appear to be selected when building the apps in your website, no matter what.

hope that it helps :)

11. appyet

Staff Member

Thanks for the details, we are looking into it

djprmf likes this.
  12. appyet

Staff Member

Admob issue is resolved, please uninstall then reinstall to clear your cache. Your existing users will start seeing ads in 24 hours

Please report back if issue remains.

Regarding HTTPS, we will look into it.

Thanks again

13. djprmf

djprmf New Member

Indeed, now is working!
    Thanks a lot! This will help your service as well, and i really hope to do so because is great! :D

About the SSL/HTTPS, is really a must in the current internet. Use a unsecure way when building the apps is a little "scary" for new users - and it hurts your SEO to :)

14. appyet

Staff Member

Thanks for the suggestion

djprmf likes this.
  15. hubnaija

hubnaija New Member

@appyet hopefully u can fix this ad issues for new apps, we still can't get get google ads served on new apps

16. appyet

Staff Member

Have you published to Google Play? If so, please let us know your app URL.

If not, please use test ad unit only

_________
    For anyone with admob ad issue, please make sure use test ad unit before you published it to app store. Using real ad unit Id in test app is against admob policy, your app could be banned by admob without your knowledge

Sample ad units

The quickest way to enable testing is to use Google-provided test ad units. These ad units are not associated with your AdMob account, so there's no risk of your account generating invalid traffic when using these ad units. Here are sample ad units that point to specific test creatives for each format:

Admob official test ad unit ID

Banner: ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/6300978111
    Interstitial: ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/1033173712

17. hubnaija

hubnaija New Member

Do i need to publish to playstore before my ads work? I need to understand.

18. appyet

Staff Member

It against Google policy to use non-test ad unit on test app.

19. djprmf

djprmf New Member

Is against admob rules use "live ads" in apps before they get published, but that doesnt equal to a ban in the account.
    The ad problem started in the last AppYet updates. If its used a "live ad" code in a app that is NOT in the platstore, the ads doesn't show - that's it.

The issue here appears to be with the buid process in the AppYet side of things. Admob doesn't "block" a account just because he uses a live ad code in a "non published" app in Play Store. If the users didn't receaive any email with a violation strike, then the account is safe.

20. appyet

Staff Member

AppYet v3.1.46 Released

This release contains major crash bug fix, and support libraries upgrades. Please test it and report back any issues. Also, please test it thoroughly before publishing your app to your end users.

Change Log v3.1.46
    -----------------------------

- Android: Fixed crash on the first start right after newly upgraded app
    - Android: Android P support
    - Android: Forum module allow URL redirect
    - Android: Updated supported libraries

https://forum.appyet.com/index.php?threads/appyet-v3-1-46-released.2284/

Please test your AD issue with this new version and report back if issue remains