Optional components to reduce apk size

Discussion in 'Feature Request & Suggestion' started by EEnterprises, Jun 29, 2015.

1. EEnterprises

EEnterprises New Member

Can it be possible to completely exclude code related to unused modules to reduce size? Eg. If there is no forum module and explore for forum is disabled, then completely exclude it's code. Similarly, I won't be using mapbox currently, so it's code being in there is just a space hog. The current size is continuously increasing, the latest dev being almost 11mb while it used to be 3mb some time back...

Marco Aurélio and Keve like this.
  2. Marc

Marc Active Member

@appyet In addition to removing all code if no forum, in the module configuration, they would have to remove the settings of the forums.

3. EEnterprises

EEnterprises New Member

That's already implemented. If there is no forum, then settings are disabled, but the code still exists...

4. SpiDeRBoY

SpiDeRBoY Member

I'm agree. Apk file is too large and it needs to reduce by removing some unused codes .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Marco Aurélio and Ashok like this.
  5. Ashok

Ashok New Member

I agree. Earlier apk size used to me under 4MB, but now in V3, 10MB is the minimum size and there is no alternate to reduce it. Surprisingly no one here to help either.

Marco Aurélio likes this.
  6. Manojr Tiwari

Manojr Tiwari New Member

Agreed, they must have proper options that really reduced the big size of apk. 10MB is very very large.

7. Ashish Dung Dung

Ashish Dung Dung New Member

Keeping the app file size to minimum still providing good user experience and content would be really great!