net: ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

Discussion in 'Web Module Discussion' started by ferdis, Oct 3, 2015.

1. ferdis

ferdis New Member

Hi, i have this error on My note 3, Android 5.0
    "net: ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME"
    I'm trying to open Mail or SopCast link's that need to open in external android app.
    Please if you can do something to not have this problem anymore. I thins is from app permissions.
    Thank you !

2. joseph raphael

joseph raphael Well-Known Member

The error is about the "URL scheme", it's either incorrect or you don't have the right application that handle it.

This has nothing to do with app permissions as you don't use any internal API calls, you just use regular crappy URLs.

3. ferdis

ferdis New Member

I have the right application installed. I tried with another Android app from another Android online generator (i can give you name but i don't want to make spam) and all is working good, but that app is expensive. And if i try to acces from android explorers (chrome, firefox), that link's opens with the right applications. But with appyet web mobule, i have this error. First time when acces the page with web module, and click on link's, Android open the right aplication, but if you get back on webmodule and try with another link, i get this error until i refresh the page then i can acces the link once again.

Thank you !

4. joseph raphael

So, the webview only catches the first link, any link after that is broken. sounds like a system webview issue... lately it has been full of bugs since version 46 - 47

5. ferdis

ferdis New Member

Ok but why all is working good on another app or chrome browser?

6. joseph raphael

This other app may not be using system webview, also chrome browser is something else separated from webview.